Centralized Scheduling Representative
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1200 East Pecan, Altus, OK 73521
Job Summary: Responsible for accurately collecting, analyzing and recording the required demographic, insurance/financial and clinical data necessary to schedule, pre-register and register all types of patients to ensure that bills are produced according to regulatory and payer requirements; effectively completes all activities including medical necessity and managed care requirement screening, and third party eligibility and benefit verification to ensure maximum payer compliance is maintained and maximum reimbursement is secured; interacts in a customer-focused manner at points during the access and later activities as appropriate, to ensure that patient's and their representatives' needs are met, and that they understand and comply with the revenue cycle process expectations including resolving their personal liabilities through various payment and program options.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree or active pursuit of Associate's degree preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing including but not limited to clerical ability and typing test.
- AAHAM or NAHAM certification or active pursuit of certification preferred.
- One-year previous acceptable experience in dealing with the public in a revenue cycle or scheduling environment required.
- Must be able to meet the public in a direct and professional manner.
- Previous work history that demonstrates steady attendance and punctuality is required.
- Must be able to read & communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to communicate firmly what is required of patients in regards to their financial status.
- Must be able to communicate (orally and in writing) effectively with patients, doctors and other departments in the institution.