Developmental and Behavioral Health Services
- Individual Counseling including Play and Sand Therapy
- Family/Couples/Partner Counseling
- Educational and Therapeutic Groups
- Referals to Community Resources
- Support and Education for Family Members
- Medication Evaluation & Monitoring
- Collaboration with Primary Care Providers and School Systems
When To Seek Assistance
- Parent-Child Difficulties
- Self-esteem Issues
- Anxiety, Depression or Fear
- Thoughts of Self-Harm
- Grief and Loss Issues
- Sexual Abuse/Assault
- Feeling Overwhelmed
- Marital/Family Conflict
- Communication Problems
- Work-related Difficulties
- Chemical Dependency
- Feeling Stressed Out
Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics
Dr. Vitale specializes in Behavioral & Developmental Pediatrics. He is a Pediatric Developmentalist specializing in evaluating children with Attention, Learning, and Behavior difficulties. His focus lies on:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- School and Learning Issues
Appointments may be made by calling 379-6850.
Sara Calabro, LMFT, has been in the mental health field since 1990 and graduated with a Master of Arts Degree in Counseling Psychology in 1992.
- Licensed as a Marital and Family Therapist since 1997 and is a Clinical Member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT).
- Specializes in Family Issues, Marital Issues, Couples Counseling and Adolescent and Child Counseling.
- Years of experience with helping people who have Trauma, Anxiety and Depression issues.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (Supervisor)
- Licensed Behavioral Practitioner (Supervisor)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Master of Arts in Religious Education, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Master of Behavioral Sciences in Counseling
- 25 years of experience in counseling marriages, families, children, and adults since 1990 … 10 of these years at JCMH Counseling Center; teaches a variety of classes at Cameron University in the Psychology Department since 1995.
- My philosophy of counseling is to “help people find the courage to reach down in the depth of their being and pull out of themselves the answers they seek and already have … then and only then … if they are brave they will see their own reflection and thus choose to better themselves and make life happen!”
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW (Oklahoma)
- Master’s Degree in social work with a concentration in gerontology, MSW in 1992 from New Mexico Highlands University, Las Vegas, NM
- At JCMH Counseling Center since July 2002, became clinic director in August 2004.
- Have worked with all age groups in a variety of healthcare settings such as hospital, nursing home, home care/hospice, and out-patient mental health.
Renae L. Vitale
Education and Past Experience:
- I earned a Master’s Degree in Social Work from the University of Kansas. I have practiced in Kansas, Connecticut and Oklahoma.
- My past work experiences have included Inpatient Child Psychiatry, Private Practice, Medical Social Work and Crisis Intervention, and Parent-Child Interaction/ Parenting Counseling.
- In addition I have experience working with children and adults with Special Health Care Needs in direct counseling and advocacy services.