Monitor Tech, ICU/CCU
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1200 East Pecan, Altus, OK 73521
Job Summary: Provides indirect care in the department setting. Monitors cardiac rhythms of ICU and telemetry patients. Interprets cardiac rhythms and reports any abnormalities or changes to the nurse immediately.
Monitor Tech Standards Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
· Approaches patients, family, and visitors in a kind and professional manner.
· Interacts professionally with co-workers and other health care providers.
· Fosters communication between multiple disciplines on the behalf of the patient.
· Answers the telephone in a timely and polite manner.
· Communicates ideas for improvement to the unit manager.
· Organizes and manages activities to show consideration of the whole unit as a whole.
· Reports issues with the telemetry system to IT immediately.
· Completes tele check with all units each shift.
· Notifies nurses when rhythm strips are completed and ready to be signed.
· Prints rhythm strips to appropriate locations to be posted on patient charts.
· Reflects knowledge and judgment in decisions and actions within the job description of the monitor technician.
· Is aware of patient condition and whereabouts when patient is out of the unit.
· Communicates information about dysrhythmias to the patient's nurse.
· Communicates information to House Supervisor as instructed by the nurse.
· Demonstrates competency in interpreting dysrhythmias.
· Multitasking and excellent analytical skills required.
· Participates in orientation and training of new staff members.
Education/Regulatory Requirements & Experience:
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Prefer basic knowledge of medical terminology.
· Prefer experience as a monitor tech.
· Previous work history that demonstrates steady attendance and punctuality required.
· Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
· Additional languages preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Basic math skills.