Patient Access Representative I
Address: , ,
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Patient Access Manager and the Director of Patient Access the Patient Access Representative I position is responsible for all aspects of the registration/admission process. Job duties include but are not limited to accurately collecting, analyzing and recording the required demographic, insurance/financial and clinical data necessary to schedule, pre-register and register all types of patients to ensure that bills are produced according to regulatory and payer requirements; interacting in a customer-focused manner at points during the registration process to ensure that patient's and their representatives' needs are met; and ensuring that patients and or their representatives understand and comply with the revenue cycle process expectations so that their personal liabilities will be resolved through various payment and program options.
- Ability to organize work, direct and set priorities, and effectively accomplish required duties with minimal or no supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year previous acceptable experience in dealing with the public in a business office setting.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing including but not limited to clerical ability and typing test.
- Must be able to meet the public in a direct and professional manner.
- Previous work history that demonstrates steady attendance and punctuality is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Must be able to read & communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to communicate firmly what is required of patients in regards to their financial status.
- Must be able to communicate (orally and in writing) effectively with patients, doctors and other departments in the institution.