Account Resolution Biller
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1200 East Pecan, Altus, OK 73521
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Account Resolution Supervisor and the Director of Patient Financial Services the Account Resolution Biller position is responsible for billing and claims management of accounts so that accounts receivable is minimized. Job duties include but are not limited to ensuring that all claims are processed accurately and efficiently so that maximum hospital reimbursement is received from payers; works daily reports to include but not limited to the late charges, claims rejections and commercial payer report; prepares and uploads claims to the clearinghouse daily; works payments keyed the previous day by Customer Service to correctly distribute payments on accounts; sorts and distributes daily mail for Patient Accounting.
- Ability to organize work, direct and set priorities, and effectively accomplish required duties with minimal or no supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degree or active pursuit of advanced degree preferred.
- One year previous acceptable experience in a Patient Financial Services, Accounts Receivable, Health Information Management or Business office setting preferred.
- Experience in claims and remittance processing preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing including but not limited to clerical ability and typing test.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must be able to meet the public in a direct and professional manner.
- Previous work history that demonstrates steady attendance and punctuality is required.
- Must be able to read & communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to communicate firmly what is required of patients in regard to their financial status.
- Must be able to communicate (orally and in writing) effectively with patients, doctors and other departments in the institution.