Customer Service Representative I
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1200 East Pecan, Altus, OK 73521
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Customer Service Supervisor and the Director of Patient Accounting, the Customer Service Representative I is responsible for a variety of billing functions to minimize accounts receivable and enhance collection performance. Job duties include but are not limited to assisting customers in person or by telephone to resolve issues and questions associated with their account balances; accepting, keying and balancing daily receipts; and working with external resources to resolve payment and collection issues.
- Ability to organize work, direct and set priorities, and effectively accomplish required duties with minimal or no supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degree or active pursuit of advanced degree preferred.
- One year previous acceptable experience in Patient Financial Services, Patient Accounting, Accounts Receivable or Business office setting preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing including but not limited to clerical ability and typing test.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must be able to meet the public in a direct and professional manner.
- Previous work history that demonstrates steady attendance and punctuality is required.
- Must be able to read & communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to communicate firmly what is required of patients in regard to their financial status.
- Must be able to communicate (orally and in writing) effectively with patients, doctors and other departments in the institution.