Clinic Receptionist - General Surgery Associates
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1200 East Pecan, Altus, OK 73521
Job Summary: Expected to work with minimal supervision. Responsible for prompt, courteous, and accurate registration of clinic patients.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Greets each patient entering the clinic in a friendly manner.
- Obtains accurate and complete data from each patient admitted.
- Accurate submission of the patient information to the System, Physician Practice Management.
- Knowledge concerning patient insurances and the ability to input with accuracy.
- Properly requests and enters patient information on the Medicare Questionnaire included in the Outpatient Registration.
- Obtains patient's signatures on appropriate forms.
- Verifies Workman's' Compensation with the patient's employer at the time of registration.
- Answers phone courteously and makes every attempt to satisfy caller's request.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Office Supervisor.
- Properly protects and preserves patient confidentiality.
- Makes charts for new patients.
- Answers telephone, filters calls, takes messages and distribute them.
- Schedules appointments.
- Enter new patients in computer getting all insurance, addresses and medical history.
- Maintain patient no shows.
- File lab reports in patient's charts.
- Prepares charts with superbill.
- Pull charts each day for patients coming in.
- Run inquiries on patients for lab/x-ray technician.
- Receive and distribute home health forms for the Doctors to sign.
- Take payments and charge slips when the Office Supervisor is gone.
- Make appointments for X-rays and other Doctors.
- Works well with fellow workers.
- Works well with Supervisors.
- Attends annual mandatory hospital in-service programs.
Education/Regulatory Requirements & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Typing speed of 30-40 wpm required.
- Must be able to pass the "Clerical Ability Test" with 80% or better as given by the Human Resources Department.
- One to two years' previous experience in the commercial health care environment required.
- Clinic experience preferred.
- Previous work history that demonstrates steady attendance and punctuality is required.