Patient Financial Services Manager
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1200 East Pecan, Altus, OK 73521
Job Summary: To provide leadership and professional management skills in the capture, management, and collection of patient service revenue. Duties include monitoring and enhancing an effective revenue cycle process throughout the organization with a focus on aligning operations while maintaining effective human resource management. Patient Financial Services Manager contributes to the success of JCMH and is responsible for helping coordinate and control the activities of the Patient Accounting, Admissions, Switchboard, Physician Billing and Centralized Scheduling offices including but not limited to supervising and providing support to employee; ensuring that scheduling, insurance, financial and clinical data is accurately collected, analyzed and recorded on all patients, resulting in accurate billing and optimal collections. The manager ensures prompt, efficient, and courteous service to patients and their families. Responsible for training and monitoring the performance of staff and promoting a positive attitude within the department. The manager will review and recommend necessary changes to the Hospital Information System and the Electronic Billing System to ensure that claims and accounts are processed promptly, efficiently, and accurately to the Director of Patient Financial Services.
- Ability to organize work, direct and set priorities, and effectively accomplish required duties with minimal or no supervision.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent is preferred.
- Two to four years’ previous acceptable experience in Patient Financial Services, Patient Accounting, Accounts Receivable or Business office setting preferred. Experience in claims and remittance processing preferred.
- One to two years of supervisory experience or three years’ experience in a position that demonstrates leadership qualities required.
- Prior work history must demonstrate a thorough understanding of medical insurance, procedures related to filing claims, and understanding of medical records.
- Intermediate to Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and/or Microsoft Access preferred.
- Previous work history that demonstrates steady attendance and punctuality is required.
- Must be able to read & communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to communicate firmly what is required of patients in regard to their financial status.
- Must be able to communicate (orally and in writing) effectively with patients, doctors and other departments in the institution.