Email: [email protected]
Address: 1200 East Pecan, Altus, OK 73521
Job Summary: Provides indirect patient care in the Women’s Health Associates. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility within the scope of practice under the supervision of a Physician. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient’s status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies. Is able to respond quickly and accurately in condition or response to treatment. Performs receptionist duties as needed.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Demonstrate knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and patient’s clinical condition. Administers medications under direct physician order.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for the patient’s age.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians and co-workers.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians and performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of the physician.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Interacts professionally with patient and family and involves them in patient teaching and plan of care upon transfer or discharge from the department.
- Schedules appointments in the PPM system. Performs reminder calls the day prior to the patient’s appointment.
- Maintains No Show documentation in the chart.
- Knowledge concerning patient insurances and the ability to input with accuracy. Verify benefits for insurance coverage.
- Scan lab reports, correspondence into EMR
- Obtains patient’s signatures on appropriate forms.
Education/Regulatory Requirements & Experience:
- Medical Assistant Certification required.
- Previous work history that demonstrates steady attendance and punctuality is required.