Email: [email protected]
Address: 1200 East Pecan, Altus, OK 73521
Job Summary: Provides direct and indirect patient care on units with potentially infectious patients, including COVID, and meets communication needs in the department setting. Assists nursing staff members/physicians with needs and with maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in charge of the team and/or unit.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Assists nursing staff with any NOW or STAT orders immediately.
- Enters orders correctly into the computer.
- Communicates ideas for improvement to the unit manager/charge nurse.
- Assists with basic patient care and comfort measures under the direction of LPN/RN.
- Keep patient’s room and work area clean and tidy.
- Answers the telephone and call lights in a timely and polite manner.
- Demonstrates performance reflecting the initiative and responsibility expected as Clinical Extender.
- Transports specimens to lab in a timely manner.
- Communicates information from telemetry to the charge nurse or team leader.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to team leader, co-workers, physicians, and other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of an RN.
- Demonstrates initiative and an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Responds to patient in emergency or physically distressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity; ensure patient confidentiality.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies and completes within shift.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Stocks supplies as needed for patient care.
- Sit with patients to maintain constant visual observation and safety of the patient.
Education/Regulatory Requirements & Experience:
- Current BLS certification
- Previous work history that demonstrates steady attendance and punctuality is required.
- CPR (BLS) can be obtained during orientation.
- Previous work history in the healthcare profession as CNA/LPN/RN; current licensure not required.
- Currently enrolled in LPN program or successfully completed first full year of an A.D.N program or junior level of a B.S.N. program.