Paramedic, Harmon Memorial Hospital
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1200 East Pecan, Altus, OK 73521
Job Summary: Provides direct and indirect patient care in the emergency care setting. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility, and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with supervision. Is able to assist with triage safely, rapidly and accurately, every patient that enters the emergency care system. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychological needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with Emergency Department providers and charge nurse about changes in patient’s status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition of response to treatment.
- Must possess and maintain current Paramedic licensure to practice in Oklahoma.
- Two years of recent Paramedic service or ED experience preferred.
- Successful completion of critical care course or emergency care course preferred.
- Current ALS and PALS certification required; must be obtained during the first year of employment if not current upon hire.
- Current BLS certification required; must be obtained during initial orientation if not current upon hire.
- Able to read monitor strips.
- Previous work history that demonstrates steady attendance and punctuality is required.