RN - Harmon Memorial Hospital
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1200 East Pecan, Altus, OK 73521
Job Summary: Provides direct and indirect patient care in the medical-surgical setting. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
Charge Nurse Responsibilities: (if applicable)
· Directs patient admission and placement on the unit.
· Notes orders accurately and in a timely manner.
· Completes patient classifications accurately and in a timely fashion.
· Utilizes staff, maximizing use of time, skill and knowledge in making patient assignments.
· Effectively delegates and ensure completion of crash car, DE-FIB, narcotic, refrigerator and waved testing each shift.
· Demonstrates leadership, knowledge, creativity, and judgment when initiating policies.
· Keeps House Supervisor informed of high-risk patients, potential problems, bed status and transfers.
· Demonstrates ability to function as a resource person for staff in resolving patient care and interdepartmental issues.
Education/Regulatory Requirements & Experience:
· Must possess and maintain current Registered Nurse licensure to practice in Oklahoma.
· Current BCLS certification required; must be obtained during initial orientation if not current upon hire.
· Current ACLS and PALS certification required; must be obtained during the first year of employment if not current upon hire. A lapse in certification may not extend beyond 3 months.
· Previous work history that demonstrates steady attendance and punctuality is required.
· Ability to read & communicate effectively in English; additional languages preferred.